Sunday 13 March 2016

Gel II Forget Me Not





Hi NaiLovelies!

I have an updated nail shape and a gorgeous new gel polish to show you today. This is Forget Me Not from Gel II's new spring collection called Secret Garden.

I applied this manicure in preparation for testing a fab new piece of kit which I have added to my collection this week, the Gel II Steam Gel Remover.


I reached out to a fabulous group of fellow gel polish lovin' gals and they unanimously opted for Forget Me Not - a delicious Tiffany Blue creme which I'm happy to say applies easily, without major streakiness and zero shrinkage. 

You can't notice it in the pictures or really in person for that matter, but I can notice  there is some slight shadowing so for me, Forget Me Not could benefit from three coats during application.


For this manicure, I used two coats of Forget Me Not and one coat of Metallic over Extreme French Pink before stamping a floral image over the top using Mundo de Unas black stamping polish.  

For the stamping I used a gorgeous floral image from the Florality 2 image plate.  This Moyra plate can be purchased in the UK from Nail Artisan .  I got mine direct from Moyra, before Nail Artisan stocked this brand and I paid handsomely for it but the plate is so worth it!  It's a gorgeous plate with great etching which picks up perfectly every time. 


Gel II Secret Garden Bottle Swatches

The Gel II Secret Garden Collection consists of six polishes.  At this stage I opted to purchase just three of them but I do plan on adding the remaining three polishes at a later stage - most of my budget this month went on the purchase of the Gel II Steam Remover.

The colours in the collection are Stone Path (grey frost), Daisy (yellow shimmer), Rosette (pink frost),  Orchid (purple creme), Peach Blossom (coral creme) and Forget Me Not (Tiffany blue creme).




I applied this manicure using the standard two colour coats and one topcoat application in order to test out my new Gel II Steam Gel Remover correctly.  I thought it would be best to test the gadget based on the polish it was designed for and typical number of coats it was manufactured to remove.

I will be removing the polish after 7 days.

I typically wear Gelish Vitagel as my base coat to both aid removal and also to nourish my natural nails.  I have applied Gelish Vitagel to my right hand to see how removing the same polish along with the basecoat works out - plus it will probably make removing the polish easier from my dominant hand. 

Gel II Steam Gel Remover

Check back in a few days to see how I get on with the removal of this manicure using the steamer as there will be a full review and video of the process.

Ciao 4 Now

Share:

2 comments

  1. Loooove the color and Patten on the nail

    ReplyDelete

I love to read your comments.....

© Simply Into My NAILS | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Crafted by pipdig