Sunday 24 July 2016

Gelish Do You Harajuku ~ Featuring Dixie Plate DP 02



Hi NaiLovelies!

I have been chomping at the bit over the past few weeks because I was desperate to get my hands on this fabulous new stamping plate from Dixie Plates.





A total of three plates were released (DP 01, DP 02 & DP 03) by this new stamping plate company and as soon as I started seeing the manicures which were created using DP-02 I just had to have it!  




As a nail technician and lover of nail art, I instantly fell for the varied images on this plate.  There are lace, floral, geometric and so many more gorgeous images to decorate your nails.  This is the perfect type of plate to pull out when I have a client who wants stamping but doesn't have a clue what design they would like.  

A plate like this is a godsend because there are a choice of designs to suit all tastes but there aren't too many images to overwhelm the client. 




I decided to use Dixie Plate DP-02 with Do You Harajuku #swatchesondarkerskin from the Gelish Hello Pretty collection.  I have been eyeing this up in my stash for a couple of weeks now, it is a beautiful vibrant pastel green with subtle shimmer.   I couldn't wait to get it on my nails as I had been wearing my MonoCHROME manicure for the past two weeks!

Unfortunately, I struggled a bit with the formula of Do You Harajuku because it shrunk away from the tips of my nails and kept wanting to creep into my cuticle line.  I am also disappointed that after 3 coats the finish is still a little patchy for my liking, although this does not show up on camera thankfully.


Do You Harajuku - Gelish
DP-02 - Dixie Plate
Ambiance - Gelish
Jade ~Two Faced Dust - Magpie Beauty
Top It Off - Gelish
Vitagel Recovery - Gelish
White Stamping Polish - Konad


On my ring finger I applied two coats of Gelish Ambiance and then patted in a thin layer of Jade Two Faced Dust from Magpie Beauty, topcoated once and then stamped the pretty floral image over the glistening iridescent base.

The images for the Dixie Plates are a good size 1.7cm by 2.1cm.  My nails are long and wide so for me 2cm by at least 2.5cm would work better.  I had to stretch the image using my Magno Nails stamper, which worked perfectly first time and did not seem to distort the image.




I purchased the DP-02 plate from a pre-order from Nail Stamping Queen.  I paid just under £10 for the plate with around £3 shipping so the total was just under £13.

Ciao 4 Now

Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

I love to read your comments.....

© Simply Into My NAILS | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Crafted by pipdig