Monday 28 April 2014

Live.Love.Carnaval by OPI

 
 
Hi NaiLovelies!

I have supercharged swatch of Live.Love.Carnval to show you.  A deliciously vibrant, almost neon coral from the OPI Brazil collection!





 As you can see from my pictures, Live.Love.Carnaval is a very bright shade of coral which leans more pink than orange when on the nail. I am chuffed to bits at how accurately I was able to capture this colour on my camera as it is a tricky little trickster and tends to fool the camera into making the colour appear more muted. 






Although this polish contains a lot of white, which almost gives it a pastel like quality, Live Love Carnaval has a certain classy neon-ness (is that actually a word?) to it.  This is a very bright shade of coral and is super for a summer manicure or pedicure.  I have worn it both ways and love it!





  When the OPI Brazil collection was released I purchased a bunch of colours in Gelcolor formula.  After giving it some thought, I decided to pick this colour in regular polish formula as opposed to Gelcolor.  I already have a couple of coral polishes in gel formula but realised I have none in rnp so I thought Live. Love. Carnaval would be the perfect polish from the 14 colours in the Brazil collection as it could be used for nail art, stamping and wearing as a full manicure or quick summer pedicure.   





The formula of Live.Love.Carnaval is nice gave me the best results when applied using thicker coats and not overworked, allowing the polish to self-level which it does very well.  For this manicure I applied two coats and tried to keep the number of brush strokes to between 3 and 4 depending on the size of the nail I was painting.  I found that the polish dries a few shades darker when painted on the nail than it looks in the bottle.  

This is the most colour accurate picture I could get of Live.Love.Carnaval





Live.Love.Carnaval - OPI
Topcoat – HK Girl Fast Drying Topcoat
Gelish Vitagel Recovery - Basecoat


Over the weekend I chose to also add Where Did Suzi’s Man-Go? in regular polish because it is such an unusual colour and I will be doing a side-by-side comparison on the blog of both formulas in a couple of weeks.  I have already used the Gelcolor version on my sister so next it will be my turn!!

Ciao 4 Now
Share:

3 comments

  1. Love coral! It just pops! So bright and summery.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too, it's a really nice colour!

      Trying to decide between the remaining shades I have from this collection for my first full soak off gel manicure in around 3 weeks!

      Delete
  2. Ooh pretty! Coral is my fav nail colour!! Loving your new nail shape too x

    ReplyDelete

I love to read your comments.....

© Simply Into My NAILS | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Crafted by pipdig