Sunday 8 February 2015

A2Z Series - M Is For 'Multi-Coloured'


Hi NaiLovelies!

I can't believe we have already reached the mid-way point of the A2Z Challenge.  I have loved taking part and am so pleased that this week allowed me to bring some serious colour to my blog.

This week we have reached the letter 'M' and the prompt word is MULTI-COLOURED - with a prompt like that I figured, go neon or.... Go Home!





For this manicure I had originally planned to revisit my 'Number 1 Nail Nemesis', commonly known to many as 'The Leadlighting Technique'.  Luckily the talented Mo over at Pretty Quirky pipped me to the post with pretty much the same manicure I had envisaged - and she totally slayed it with her mani!

So I went back to the drawing board and I came up with this tie-dyed sparkling neon manicure instead.  This was another first for me as instead of the traditional gradient sponged manicure I sponged the colours on in a circular pattern.




I used OPI My Boyfriend Scales Walls as a base for the Morgan Taylor neon polishes because I'm wearing this whole manicure over OPI Gelcolor Peace&Love&OPI!  The neon polishes are wonderfully opaque in just two coats and really don't need a white base to make them pop, I just used the base to camouflage the grey/purple/green hues of the gel polish.





I really love how this this turned out!

Initially, I had planned to stamp over the neon gradient but I loved it too much to cover it over so instead I pimped it with a little holo sparkle and sat back to admire my handy work.  It's not perfect, but for a first try I'm pretty happy with it.




Watt Yel-looking At? - Morgan Taylor
Don't Worry, Be Brilliant - Morgan Taylor
Go For The Glow - Morgan Taylor
Pink Flame-ingo - Morgan Taylor
Don't Touch Me, I'm Radioactive - Morgan Taylor
Shock Therapy - Morgan Taylor
Orange Crush - Morgan Taylor
My Boyfriend Scales Walls - OPI
Golden Enchantment - China Glaze






Don't forget to check out the fab manicures created by the other bloggers participating in this challenge by clicking on the Inlinkz below and by visiting the hub to see all the manicures created in this challenge series.

Ciao 4 Now

Share:

3 comments

I love to read your comments.....

© Simply Into My NAILS | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Crafted by pipdig