Saturday 21 February 2015

A2Z Series - O Is For 'Old'



Hi NaiLovelies!

I'm back from my skiing holiday and pretty much right in the nick of time for this weeks installment of the A2Z Challenge.

We have now reached the letter 'O' and the prompt word is OLD.



I had a few thoughts in mind for this manicure on the long LONG drive back from France, but it wasn't until I sat at my manicure table earlier today that I decided on creating a vintage lace manicure as that's pretty old - right?  I did change my mind a tad after I had finished taking photos.




I applied a base of three coats of OPI You're So Vain-illa and then stamped my nails with a beautiful lace image from the DRK Enlaced stamping plate using Konad White Special Polish....I didn't think it looked old enough so I decided to age the manicure.....




Above is a snap of the manicure before I aged it using Alcohol Ink by Adirondack in the colour Teakwood.  It was a toss up between which version of this manicure I would use for this weeks  challenge but for me the aged version won hands down,although you can't really see a lot of the lace design on the tea-stained version....




I really like how this turned out and I cannot wait to try the alcohol inks with a soak off gel base and a handful of bright colours.

Ciao 4 Now

Share:

3 comments

  1. great mani. Reminds me of snake skin too! Hope you had a great trip x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Bethany! I had a great time.

      You are so right, the lace beneath the ink pattern looks more like snakeskin now. I love animal print so I guess this could be the reason why I prefer this version.....

      Thanks for commenting! x

      Delete
  2. Snakeskin is exactly what I thought too! Both versions of this are fantastic and I love how the staining looks. Hope you had a great holiday x

    ReplyDelete

I love to read your comments.....

© Simply Into My NAILS | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Crafted by pipdig