Saturday 23 April 2016

Matte Marble Manicure



Hi NaiLovelies!

So earlier this week I thought I would upcycle my previous manicure and finally try my hand at some marble effect feature nails using alcohol inks. 




I've had my Adirondack Alcohol Inks for well over a year now and I have been meaning to try them out ever since I saw Kim from Ten Little Canvasses beautiful manicure which she created using alcohol inks.  My sister recently mentioned creating a marble manicure for her so I thought I would finally get around to trying them out.

 I have seen lots of people create the same effect using Sharpie markers which is a great way to get multiple shades of every colour in the rainbow.  I think I might pick up a pack of Sharpies this weekend so I have more colour options available.  




To create this manicure I applied two coats of white gel polish then applied a coat of matte topcoat before applying small splodges of alcohol ink to the feature nails.  I then used a fine nail art brush dipped in isopropyl alcohol to create the marbled effect.  I added the copper alcohol in last to finish the look before applying two coats of matte topcoat.  

My pinkie and thumb are what remains of my previous gel polish manicure which is why they have a fair bit of nail growth when compared to the newly decorated nails.


99% Isopropyl Alcohol
Gel II French White
Gel II Matte Topcoat


Adirondack Alcohol Inks in Sail Boat Blue, Pitch Black, Eggplant, Denim and Copper

I recently created this manicure for my client who fell in love with the marble effect

You can use one colour as I did for my client or you can choose colours in the same colour group.  The possibilities are endless with this marbling technique as you can create different effects on each nail even when you are using the same colour palette.


Ciao 4 Now

Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

I love to read your comments.....

© Simply Into My NAILS | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Crafted by pipdig