Friday 15 November 2013

Ode To A Curious Creature………


Hiya NaiLovelies!

In recent months I have been bitten by the Indie polish bug. HARD!  In fact, I think there may be bite marks...

At the start of this year I knew and had heard very little about the fantastic world of indie nail polish. Skip forward a mere 6 months and I’d made my first purchase, the cult neon glitter called Clowning Around by Lush Lacquer. Fast forward another few short months and there I am going mental on the iPad ordering all and sundry from Etsy independent nail polish makers otherwise known in the nail world as ‘Indie’ polish. 


I have written this post called ‘Ode To A Curious Creature’ which is dedicated to my  'nail- friend' Linda whom I first saw wearing Clowning Around by Lush Lacquer over white gel polish. I loved it so much that I purchased it a week later! Linda and other 'nail friends' have been incredibly helpful in guiding me through the plethora of brands and I appreciate all the help I've received.


As I mentioned above, I popped my indie cherry on Lush Lacquer which currently sits happily in my drawer of untrieds - until Springtime. I went a little mad this month and I ordered polishes from Crows Toes, Mentality,  Lynn B Designs, Treasures By Tan and Hare Polish.  I am still learning about other brands such as Enchanted Polish, Cadilaquer, I Love Nail Polish amongst many others in my radar for my next order(s) in the months to come.  I’ve even entered a few blog competitions in the hope that one day I will win something – even if it’s not the lottery! I would have so much fun swatching and writing about all of those polishes.

I tend to swatch my polishes on sticks first as they arrive and post pictures on my Facebook page.  My plan is to then create manicures with the polishes and post pictures here on my blog. I also have an Instagram page and profiles on Pintrest and Twitter so you’re spoilt for choice on social media avenues on which to follow me.  Hint hint!!

I have fallen in love with the diversity, uniqueness and also the anticipation which comes with indie polishes.  I feel that the addition of these to my stash has enhanced my overall collection.   I am well and truly hooked!

Ciao 4 Now
Share:

2 comments

  1. There is no going back now. Drug store brands may start to look dull by comparison. I'm happy to count you amongst my group of nail friends.
    Curious

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Linda! I have my drugstore basics, it's now time for the pretty indies..... :)

      Delete

I love to read your comments.....

© Simply Into My NAILS | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Crafted by pipdig