Thursday 26 June 2014

Ahead Of The Game by Morgan Taylor


Hi NaiLovelies!

I have a swatch of a nail polish brand which is new on my radar, yet easily available at my local beauty supply store.  This pretty polish is Ahead of the Game and it is from the Casual Cool Collection by Morgan Taylor.




Ahead of the game is a cool pastel yellow creme with the addition of a fine pale silver shimmer running through it, which I think adds depth to the polish and prevents it looking chalky.



The formula of Ahead of the Game has a nice thickness to it which makes it easy to apply neatly, without pooling around the cuticle and sidewalls.  It was a little streaky as is the case with most yellow nail polishes,  This one wasn't too bad however, I think the shimmer helped a bit and I found that the polish does self-level nicely once applied.

This is three coats with a coat of HK Girl topcoat.  I think those with shorter nails and smaller nail beds could easily get away with two medium coats.


I love the size, shape and weight of these bottles - they feel very substantial and are nice and easy to hold for photos!

In my opinion, Ahead of the Game is a really beautiful colour.  I am pleasantly surprised by this one as I never thought I would be able to wear pastel yellow - but turns out I can and I really like it!




As this was my first experience with Morgan Taylor polishes I must say I am very impressed with the brand.  After applying this I promptly called Sally's and subsequently picked up four more colours from this collection, it would have been rude not to seeing as they are reduced on sale!  I still need to get the blue from this collection, Varsity Jacket Blues in order to complete the set - I think I might order it right now!

Ciao 4 Now
Share:

2 comments

  1. You have beautiful nails and this yellow really suits you too :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Nail Loopy! I love the colour alot and the Morgan Taylor polishes overall. I am going to pop to Sallys today to check out the summer collection :)

      Delete

I love to read your comments.....

© Simply Into My NAILS | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Crafted by pipdig