Sunday 26 October 2014

Mini Manicures ~ OPI Gelcolor Kiss Me - Or Elf!


Hi NaiLovelies!

I have a new OPI Gelcolor swatch  to show you today, this is Kiss Me - Or Elf! from the Gwen Stefani Holiday 2014 collection.



Fushia berry

Gwen Stefani Holiday 2014 Collection

Shimmer

Excellent!

Two easy coats to achieve opacity

To be honest, I am quite disappointed with this gel polish as it is once again a not so 'glowing' example of when the gel polish and regular polish do not translate between formulas!  I would have loved this polish to be the same glowing finish as that the regular polish has, but alas it does not.  This is the reason why I gave up on buying 'glow from within' and metallic Gelcolor polishes as I now choose to purchase them in regular polish instead as I have found the end result is just not the same.

Kiss Me - Or Elf! in Gelcolor has a muted effect, it is just a shimmer - there is no glow or metallic quality to the polish whatsoever.  That said, it is a pretty shimmer but it is not what I was hoping for. I would almost feel like I had wasted my money but the colour is very very pretty.




It is a lovely deep fushia berry shade and is very easy on the eye.  For me, what saves Kiss Me - Or Elf! is the stellar application and intense opacity of this gel polish.  It covered in two super easy coats and didn't shrink at all when applied to the nail.  Therefore, on  that basis it will remain in my stash as I think it could be popular colour for those who are not expecting the wow factor that the regular polish formula would provide.

I really wish OPI would address this stark difference in comparable finishes as for customers it is very disappointing indeed.  I have a number of these glowing or metallic shades and in both formulas and none of them are the same.  You can check out my swatch of Deutsch You Want Me Baby? for confirmation of this.  The same also applies to:

Love&Peace&OPI
Warm Me Up
Suzi & The 7 Dussledorfs
Muir Muir On The Wall
Green On The Runway

My rating below is based on the exceptional formula and opacity of this polish along with the beautiful colour, although it is nothing like its regular lacquer counterpart. If it was based on the colour comparison between formulas it would score just one bottle!



Ciao 4 Now
Share:

2 comments

  1. The best berry glow gel that delivers is Gelish Berry Button Up. Mom and I are both wearing it now and it's stinkin cool. Interesting how for this time the formula was good but the color was weak. Usually it's the other way around for OPI.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the heads up Curious Creature! I think I will have to get Berry Buttoned Up - it sounds and swatches look like exactly what I am looking for :)

      Delete

I love to read your comments.....

© Simply Into My NAILS | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Crafted by pipdig