Sunday 12 October 2014

Cafe Cuccio Colour Veneer ~ Swatches and Review

Hi NaiLovelies!

During a recent trip to London I attended Olympia Beauty and purchased five gel polishes from the eight piece Cafe Cuccio collection.

Today I have a review and swatches of my picks from the collection! 

First up is Coffee, Tea or Me! an incredibly pretty mauve base with a heavy shimmer.  In my pictures the shimmer looks silver but it is a warm pale gold. It applied in two easy coats to achieve opacity.





Next up is Cream & Sugar a pale mushroom taupe with a silver micro shimmer.  Cream & Sugar is a really gorgeous nude and applied perfectly in two coats without any issues with streaks.






Cuppa Cuccio is a gorgeously dense champagne and gold shimmer with bright champagne hex glitters.  Cuppa Cuccio reminds me of OPI Gelcolor Wonderous Star both in its appearance and application.  Needless to say, this is my favorite pick from the collection.  I applied two super easy coats and I can't wait to wear this again!






Higher Grounds is a rich rust toned coral with a prominent gold, rust and hidden fuchsia shimmer. Despite stirring all of these veneer polishes, I found Higher Grounds a little tricky to apply and I had to flash cure the first coat.  I applied three thin coats to achieve opacity.






Last but definitely not least is Bean There, Done That! a super fantastic glitter polish.  Bean There, Done That! contains pastel toned holographic hex glitters with a small amount of holographic micro glitter suspended in a clear base.  This swatch is of two coats which I applied using the brush, there was no requirement for pushing any of the glitter into place.






I think Bean There, Done That! would look great layered over black or any pastel shade.  If I were to wear this alone I would sponge it on for dense glitter coverage.  Below is one coat of Bean There, Done That! over Higher Grounds.




Cuccio Veneer is a brand of soak off gel polish that I have wanted to try for quite some time so I was really happy to find the entire collection at Olympia Beauty.  Having all the polish and veneer bottles on show meant that I could check out the consistency of each colour before I made my purchase.  It was a lovely added bonus that the new collection came adorned with beautiful bejeweled caps which were added specially for the Olympia Beauty show.  

I am really pleased with the polishes from this collection and I am really happy to add Cuccio Veneer to my ever growing stash of soak off gel polishes.

Ciao 4 Now

Share:

6 comments

  1. Thanks for the swatches! They are really pretty! I also love the caps on those bottles. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jeanette! The polishes and the bottle caps are awesome!!!

      Delete
  2. Ooh these look fab!! I just swatched one of mine yesterday.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Ave!! Your swatch of Rio Carnival looks amazing :)

      Delete
  3. Great swatches!
    The cream and sugar and Cuppa Cuccio looked really lovely! Do you know if these two are warm, cooled or more neutral toned?
    Thank's!
    Hugs from Jane in Norway

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Jane

      Admittedly, I am not so great at the whole warm/cool/neutral thing but I will give it a try.

      I would say that Cream & Sugar to me would be more on the neutral side of taupe. It is mushroom toned and doesn't appear warm or cool toned. The second picture in my swatches is most colour accurate on my screen.

      Cuppa Cuccio is a warmish toned champagne gold because among the prominent champagne toned glitter/shimmer there is the warm toned darker gold which lifts it just enough from being a cold champagne to a fabulous easily wearable shade.

      I hope that helps at least a little.

      T

      Delete

I love to read your comments.....

© Simply Into My NAILS | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Crafted by pipdig