Thursday 22 January 2015

A2Z Series - K Is For 'Kitchen Sink'


Hi NaiLovelies!

I'm very excited to have my manicure completed for week 11 of the A2Z Challenge and to mark the occasion, I am actually posting on time for a change,  Whoop whoop!!!

This week, we have reached the letter 'K' in the alphabet and the prompt word is 'KITCHEN' i.e. everything but the kitchen sink!





I must admit, before I entered this weekly challenge I never even knew what a Kitchen Sink manicure was!  I had a go and came up with this kinda skittle manicure albeit a kinda crazy yet a kinda subdued one.  This mani moves effortlessly over from skittle to kitchen sink because every nail is different, although the colours and designs used compliment each other perfectly.








I'm really pleased with how this manicure turned out.  Even though every finger is painted with different colour/polish/technique/style, I still think it is a very wearable manicure.

For the manicure I used so many polishes I am a bit hesitant to name them all!  However, for the sake of the blog the are listed below:

All nails have a base of Orly Bonder and the topcoat used is All That Jazz Double Top Topcoat For Glitter

Pointer Finger
DRK Enlaced Theme Plate - (click here for my review of the plate)
White Konad Special Polish
China Glaze Fairy Dust

Index Finger
OPI More Than A Glimmer x 2 coats  - no topcoat

Middle Finger
Stamping Decal using Konad white, filled in with Color Club foils and Halo Hues

Pinky Finger
OPI It's Frosty Outside Liquid Sand x 2 coats
OPI Muppets World Tour x 2 x coats

Thumb
Gradient of OPI It's Frosty outside and Silent Stars Go By Liquid Sands




Even though I love the end result, I don't think I will do another manicure like this - it took entirely too long!






You can check out the fab manicures created by the other bloggers participating in this challenge by clicking on the Inlinkz below and by visiting the hub to see all the manicures created in this challenge series. 

Ciao 4 Now  


Share:

2 comments

  1. This is such a delicate and pretty nail art :) xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Tracey! I was surprised by the end result as I had no 'plan' in my head as to how it would look.....

      Delete

I love to read your comments.....

© Simply Into My NAILS | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Crafted by pipdig