Wednesday 22 April 2015

A2Z Series - W Is For 'Wild'


Hi NaiLovelies!

Only three weeks to go for this A2Z Challenge....!  This week we have reached the letter 'W' and the prompt word is WILD!






I had planned a black and white zebra mani but time did not permit a #soakoffgelpolishcoverup manicure.   I'm currently running about week late with my uploads for this challenge because I have so much going on, but I am determined to post at least before the following weeks prompt word is in use.

So in order to make sure I posted my manicure before the cut off tonight, I decided to stamp on my existing soak off gel polish manicure, the gorgeous shimmering colour shifting coral Sunrise & The City by Gelish.  I opted for a fantastic tiger print image because I think  a tiger is pretty wild!!!




Despite this being a very simple manicure, I spent just under an hour (YES AN HOUR!) stamping this manicure using Dashica Infinity plate number 12 and Mundo de Unas Black. It really should have only taken 15-20 minutes maximum!






My nails have grown pretty long now and a lot of the images on my stamping plates no longer fit my nails so the need to be stretched whilst transferring the image to my nail.  This is tricky enough to do at the best of times, but when you are trying to transfer the image onto slippery gel polish it is nigh on impossible to do without seriously smudging the image.  I actually had to redo this manicure twice before I thought of a solution in desperation to get this done today and not to have to go back to the drawing board and come up with a new manicure.

Since my MDU haul a month ago, I have been using these fab stamping polishes over my gel polish manicures but I have noticed that the stamped images peel off the shiny gel polish within 24hrs.  Normally for me this wouldn't be an issue because I like to change my stamped manicures regularly.  However, I don't have much time on my hands at the moment so I would prefer to choose when to change my stamping and not have it forced upon me.  To combat this, I had devised a plan to use Orly Bonder (a regular polish basecoat with a slightly sticky finish when dry) underneath my stamping in order to give the MDU polishes something to 'cling' onto.

Et' voilĂ  - the image stamped crisply every time without smudging at all.  I will have to report back at a later date on whether it helps the stamping stay on longer......





Don't forget to check out the Hub Page to see all of the other manicures created for this series and check out the Inlinkz for the beautiful manicures created for 'Wild' week.

Ciao 4 Now


Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

I love to read your comments.....

© Simply Into My NAILS | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Crafted by pipdig