Monday 26 May 2014

Big Bossy Butterfly


 Hi NaiLovelies!


I've dragged out my stamping plates and blown the dust off of them to create this manicure for a stamping challenge with a theme of 'butterflies'.  I absolutely love butterflies so I couldn't let the opportunity pass me by as it meant I could give my new MoYou plate its first outing, a plate a knew I had to have as soon as I set eyes on it.....








I opted for a simple colour scheme of a nude and black, using my current OPI Gelcolor Don't Boss Nova Me Around manicure as the base.  I then used two black polishes (one creme, one holographic) to create the stamped images using the newest MoYou plate I have in my collection, Mother Nature 10.

 For the flowers I put a couple of drops of black creme polish and an equal amount of the black holographic polish and mixed them together on the image plate using the scraper in much the same way that I would create a gradient stamped effect, but I scraped several times so the two polishes were completely combined.  This resulted in a less dense black for the flowers in contrast to the stronger black of the butterfly.  You can see a little bit of the sparkle in some images if you click on the pictures to make them bigger.




Mother Nature 10 Image Plate - MoYou
HK Girl Topcoat - Glisten & Glow 
Wet 'n' Willd Black Creme Polish - Wet 'n Wild
Magia Negra - Jade Holographico



The highlighted sections of this MoYou Mother Nature 10 plate show the parts used for this manicure.








A very simple manicure, but I love the way it turned out!

 I feel like it has been forever since I last posted a picture of a stamped manicure on the blog!  I have done a few over on Facebook, here and here but notably nothing on a gel base.

I think it's time to change that!


Ciao 4 Now
Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

I love to read your comments.....

© Simply Into My NAILS | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Crafted by pipdig